1/20/12

Stories From My Past- "You Have Grapes"

Once upon a time, when Tom and I were first married, I was constantly drugged up on stomach medication. I had recently had my gall bladder removed and was still having issues. One of my meds made me incredibly tired.

Now, I've always been a very vivid dreamer. I often fall asleep and don't know it because it's like I still have my eyes open. Everything looks the exact same. I have frequent sleep paralysis and wake up screaming from horrible nightmares. But those are different stories.

Anyways, I was laying on our bed and Tom was kneeling next to the bed as were talking. I fell asleep, but I had no idea because everything looked exactly the same, EXCEPT....Tom had a beautiful silver platter full of fat, juicy grapes. Purple grapes. My faves.

He was still talking, but in my excitement about the delicious fruit he was displaying, I interrupted him with an enthusiastic,"You have GRAPES?!"

He looked at me, confused. "What?"

"You have grapes!" I stated.

He looked at me like I was crazy, and laughed nervously. "Um...what are you talking about?"

And then I woke up, and to my disappointment, the grapes were gone.

I laughed, a bit embarassed. We were newlyweds after all, and I didn't want my husband finding out that he had married a Crazy-face McGoo. Not yet, anyways.

I told him what had happened, and after having a good laugh, Tom, being the awesome guy that he is, went to the fridge and got me some grapes.

They tasted awesome.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

What a cute story of such a cute couple!

Popular Posts