8/19/13

How To: Cut Your Own Hair

I recently decided to go from dark to platinum, and being the impatient fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal that I am, I did it myself. Do you know how many times I've done this? And ended up looking like Ronald McDonald? Too many times to count and too many times NOT to have learned a lesson from it. I'm awesome. I tried to Hayley Williams it, but hers was professionally done and mine so obviously was not. 
(bah!)

Anyways, I bleached/toned the crap out of it and fried my ends, so I needed a haircut. I like to save my pennies, so I tried out this method. Here goes:


Most important: Make sure you take a really pretty picture, like this one:
(no alcohol was consumed, surprisingly)


I washed and straightened my hair so I could get the most even cut possible. 


Here it is, in all of it's fried glory.


-Part hair down the middle and tie one side off. 
-Brush through other side until smooth, then tilt head back and adjust the hair so the ends are even.
-Hold between middle and index finger so the hair doesn't move.
-Snip off your desired amount off.





Repeat on opposite side!

Ta Da!

No comments:

Popular Posts