4/30/12

Life Balance? HA!

I am really feeling overwhelmed lately.

I have so much going on, and I really need to just take step back and evaluate my life. Sometimes I wonder, okay, I KNOW, I take on way too much.

I have a lot of aspirations and I want to accomplish all of them. This results in my half-assing all of those goals, rather than just taking one or two and really putting my heart and soul into it.
The problem is, I have a lot of passions. I am a passionate person, and when I get excited about something, it is really hard for me to let it go.

Health and Fitness: I love being a wellness coach and teaching people about Herbalife and doTERRA. Being healthy is so important to me, especially with my families insane history with cancer. (My mom has been fighting cancer for 15 years). I want to be the healthiest I can, and I want others to feel their best as well. It is so fulfilling to help others with their personal wellness goals. Doing these things take time, and luckily it's something I can do at my own pace.

Art: This is my true passion. Nothing beats it, besides my family. If I had to choose one thing, it would be art. There is something I find truly spiritual about sitting down and creating, bringing my imagination to paper, and especially sharing it with others. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life, this is what I want to do as a career, but if I can't, then I'm perfectly happy to do it just because of my passion for it.

Singing: I am finally at a point in my life where I am not terrified to sing in front of people. I spent so many years so afraid of not sounding perfect, not messing up, and now I just love to sing. I would love to be in a band. And I feel like this is something I have to do while I'm still young. I know that isn't true, but it's something that I WANT to do while I am young. But that takes time and a lot of practice.

Photography: I love photography, but I admit I have lost my passion for it quite a bit in the last year. It seems like EVERYONE is a photographer these days, and so business is non existant for me, not to mention I've moved so much it's hard to keep a client base. Someone always has a family member that takes their pictures these days, so I've just kind of lost my ambition in that area. I think after having my camera glued to my face for so long, I've also just gotten burned out and want to just enjoy the moment I'm in and not worrying about what aperture and shutter speed I should be using.

Vintage and Thrifting: I love old things. I love old houses, anything vintage, retro, antique. I love holding something and wondering who had it before me, what were they like, where were they from? I can spend hours in antique and thrift stores, treasure hunting. I have an etsy shop that I really want to continue to add to and make a little money sharing those finds with others. But it takes time to do the shopping, take pictures, create a listing, not to mention money. Plus, it's really hard to part with my treasures!

Re-finishing Furniture: This goes along with the above. I love old furniture. Most of our furniture are pieces I have found or bought secondhand and spruced up. I would love to have a business refinishing and selling furniture, but once again, it takes SO much time, not to mention a whole lot of space.

School: Currently I am getting my associates in Web Design, and after that I am going to get my bachelors in Fine Arts with my focus on Illustration. My biggest dream is to go to Cal Arts, where some of Disneys greatest studied. My last block of classes I got A's. Very proud of myself, and I hope to continue on the same streak.

Decorating My House: I love doing this. In a month we are moving to a new house. This house is a dream come true for me, and I will tell you about it as we draw nearer to the big move. I can't wait to make it my own (even though we are renting, the owner is awesome and giving us a lot of creative freedom).  I'm so excited to share pictures!

Blogging: I want to do ALL of the above and blog about it. I want awesome menus and sidebars and links and I want it to be cute and perfectly organized and on millions of readers around the world. I want to inspire people and be friends with everyone.

Mothering and Wifing: My biggest and most important role in life. Words cannot describe what I want to accomplish and do on a daily basis for my family. The greatest thing I can do for my kids and husband is to make them feel loved, admired, and nurtured. I want my kids to grow up as GOOD people, who do their best to show love to others. I know they will make plenty of mistakes, and that is totally okay with me. My parents did a wonderful job raising us. The biggest and most important lesson I learned from my parents examples was how to treat others. That's how I want my kids raised.

So yes. I have a lot of things I want to do. And that is only the top of my list. I was one of those kids that changed my mind about what I wanted to do as a grown up on a daily basis. Actor, Marine Biologist, Writer, if it exists, I probably wanted to do it at some point. I spent 3 years in school barely accomplishing anything towards my generals because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do! Everything was so interesting! Sign Language, singing, dance, art, photography, zoology, etc. etc.

So with all of these ambitions, I also have a household to keep clean (HA!), dinner to cook, kids to play with, a husband to love, bills to pay, groceries to buy, scrapbooks to catch up on, art commissions to finish, blogging to do, etc.
So what do I cut out? What can I live without? How can I make each day a little less stressful so I can enjoy what I do and enjoy my family?

I sure am babbling. I am mostly writing this for my own sake, to vent and get it out there. Hoping it will clear some things up for me.

What about you guys? What do you do when you feel like this? Any advice? I  would LOVE to hear your input and maybe I'll do a future post with my favorite comments.
I don't know most of my readers, but I sure am so happy that you read, and hopefully enjoy, my little bloggy-poo.

Well, I'm off to listen to an Herbalife training call, do homework, and fold laundry. Seriously.....


No comments:

Popular Posts