7/24/11

Sawyer is here!

I was induced Saturday, July 16th around 11:00 AM.
We decided to induce me so Tom could fly up from Arizona and be here for the birth. I'm glad we were able to work it out, even if he was only here for two days. It was really hard saying goodbye. Cry fest.

Labor was a breeze and delivery was only 15 minutes of pushing!
Completely different experience from last time. 22 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing.
This was a piece of cake :)
Sawyer Thaxton Johnson was born July 16th at 6:19 PM.
6 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 inches long.
We are so happy to have him here!

Last big belly shot!

Official meeting. What a sweetie!

 Proud Pops!
Mae listening to his heartbeat








They had a professional photographer come in and take some awesome pictures! I haven't gotten them yet, but I will share them when I do.

We are doing great. It's already been a week, and I'm sad about that. Stop growing up, already!

I feel like recovery has been so easy and he is such an easy going baby. He never cries and makes the cutest little baby dinosaur noises! (reminds me of baby Littlefoot in Land Before Time). I can't get enough of him.
The only thing missing is Tom. Soon enough we'll join him in Arizona, and we can't wait!


2 comments:

Jonesy said...

congratulations! these pictures are great. seeing the way your husband looks at your son is beautiful. so happy for your family!

Penny in Pink said...

Oh, he's so adorable! You look great, too! Well done, Melissa. I would love you hear your birth story. Did everything go as you wanted?

Popular Posts