7/8/11

:(

As some of you know, it's been a dream of mine since I was little to work for Disney.
A couple of months ago, they actually contacted me and asked to review my artwork. After several months of emails and waiting and every feeling from elation to being a complete nervous wreck, they finally got back to me and said my style did not fit the needs of the Disney Gallery at this time.
Worst news ever.
Seriously. My dream was right there and was just snatched out of my hands in one email. I'm feeling really sorry for myself at the moment, if you can't tell. I know it's not personal. I'm amazed that they even considered me in the first place, but it makes me feel like I'm just not good enough. I'm sitting here trying to think of how I could possibly write down how it feels, and I can't.
It just SUCKS.

1 comment:

Absurdnes said...

Don't loose faith my good woman! :) I've done the college program with Disney and if one that has been drilled to me more times than "say thank you" it's "Doors will open" at Disney there's ALWAYS opportunities and if someone saw your work they're not going to forget it. They have it holed up in the vault somewhere and it's probably printed sitting on the Imagineers bulletin board and it'll stay there until someone else is all "OH hey! That's pretty sweet WHO made this and where can I find myself one?" - from what my managers have told me - it happens a LOT. :) Keep doing what you do cause it DON'T SUCK.

Much love and good juju,
Your fan and fellow Disney-addict.
<3

Popular Posts