11/2/10

My first cake!

So, my sister is an amazing cakerette...caker...cake...maker? I have no idea what the term is. Anyways, I have always wanted to try it out myself, but I have a lot to live up to.
But I finally just pep talked myself into trying it, and today I attempted it and I think it turned out AWESOME! I'm sorry to brag, but seriously, I'm really proud of myself.
I thought up a theme and just went with it. So without further ado......I present to you....

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=


"Dino Poo"

 I think I really caught the likeness of what a t-rex's dung pile might look like, don't you? I watched Jurassic Park like, 20 times for reference. I was able to get a hold of a paleontologist as well and he said that my replica will go down in history! Take THAT Columbus!
As for the taste....well, I'm sorry to say it tasted nothing like doo doo, but theres always next time!



(okay, so in all seriousness it was a recipe for a pumpkin roll. it looked amazing and beautiful in the picture, but I undercooked the cake and didn't have the right pan. oh well! at least I know it'll come out looking like it did going in, right? and it actually tasted really good.)

3 comments:

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

Hahaha!! Poo cake!!!!! Really though, I would eat your delicious pumpkin cake :)

Team Seguritan said...

I was totally buying into the poo thing till the end...you tricker :)

aubrey said...

You've graduated from dog food to dog poo, congratulations!!! Good attempt Liss! I am sad that we shall not have the chance to play with frosting before you take off to utah.... sniffle

Popular Posts