7/10/10

getting spiritual

I am reading a wonderful book called "Entering the Presence of God" and keeping a journal as I read it. As I was reading this morning, this quote REALLY struck me:

"As long as we are wrapped up in ourselves and our own problems and the things that are going on around us, we are not in a position to worship God."

I admit, I have a very self centered streak in me. I am working on it. But it's really hit me this last week for some reason. I've been thinking about it a lot, and this quote was an answer. It is exactly what I needed to hear. The thought crossed my mind a couple of days ago as I was saying my prayers, that I can't possibly have a close relationship with God if I'm always worrying about my problems.

Just some food for thought.

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

what a great point.

i've been trying to take time out of everyday sit down and real the Qur'an (i'm muslim) and it's made me feel a little guilty. not the actual reading, but the fact that i've had to arrange time to do it.

Popular Posts