10/16/08

Books books books!

In the last two weeks I have read these three books:

Kite Runner: This was an interesting book, because it was definitely a page turner, but in the end I didn't like it that much. It had some disturbing parts in it. And for someone that likes dark, depressing types of books and movies (don't ask me why. I just find it intriguing) I just really didn't peg this one as a favorite. But its worth reading once in your lifetime.

Uglies: I cannot WAIT until the I get the next one from the library! This book was so good I could hardly put it down. And for someone who doesn't live a day without worrying, excuse me, OBSESSING, about her weight (that would be me), this book was a real eye opener about how little being pretty should matter. I have always been deeply affected by the media on this subject, sadly, and I think most girls are. I don't even want to think about what Mae is going to have to deal with.

The Man Behind the Magic:The Story of Walt Disney:
As someone who is deeply in love with the magic of Disney, and has been since I can remember, I LOVED this book. I also couldn't put this one down. Walt Disney was an interesting man, and he worked his patootie off. It was so interesting to hear about how hard it was for him to get started. You've GOT to read it!

I love books. I have about 361 I want to read. So many books, so little time.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've read the whole "Uglies" series. The books are great. The last one, I think it's the 4th one, is okay, but still a good read. Congrats on reading so much. I like to see books other people have read. Thanks for the reviews.

tanya said...

Dido to the great reviews it help me to know if I'll pick it up or not. I feel like on top of the whole right now cause I've read so many book these last couple of months! Here to reading!

Popular Posts