7/15/08

I Feel Oh So Special!

Yesterday, a woman contacted me from Hilton Hotels:

Dear Ms. Johnson -
My name is Julee Cooke, and I am a copywriter for Hilton Hotels, writing for their internal employee newsletter called HIP. This publication is distributed to approximately 40,000 employees of the company worldwide in hard copy and is also posted on their internal website for viewing online.
In looking for an appropriate image for a story I wrote about a couple who adopted a child in Colorado and stayed in one of their hotels during the waiting week, I stumbled across your beautiful pen and ink drawing of your family.
It is simply a perfect illustration for the story, and I would love to use it, but only with your permission.
Naturally, Hilton's lawyers will not permit such use unless I get that permission from you in writing, so I am hopeful you will be willing to provide it. Naturally, we will include credit for the image in a visible location near the story.
I am hopeful you will approve, and will appreciate the use of your artwork as it reflects such a lovely, wonderfully warm cocoon. Just what has grown from the adoption that this couple has concluded, and from the looks of your website and blog, your own beautiful family as well. If you prefer to speak with me in person, I have included my mobile number following my signature below.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible, as our deadline is looming.
With very kind regards,
Julee Cooke
copywriter
HIP Magazine

So...my illustration is going to be published! I'm quite excited!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

That is awesome. You'll have to tell me how much they "credit" you. I am a curious person you see. I don't think that I have ever seen your picture before. I love your style so much. Well, off to paint a wall I go. Yes, I know, very exciting.

See ya,
Heather

Meg said...

That is so exciting!! It is a beautiful picture too. Very secure.

duston todd said...

yes... that is a awesome illustration and it deserves the recognition you're getting.
kudos.
and....i dig you photos. the profile shot of you with film is really unique, and i love the shots with your lil' mae naked on the desert floor.
my best!
- duston

chel wakley said...

That is so great. CONGRATS

tanya said...

See I told I am going to be able to tell everyone I know that girl I grew up with her. Your becoming famous! Hee, he.

Unknown said...

Wow, Melissa! That is crazy news! I love it! Congrats! That is a beautiful picture. They should be grateful that you even entertained their request.

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

I can't say I'm surprised, your stuff is so amazing! I'm more shocked that it didn't happen earlier :)

Popular Posts