3/6/08

From this to that

This is my daily diddy. (That word is already getting annoying) The one below is a pen sketch I did while I was

bored. And then I thought, "that would make a pretty cool
oil painting." And it became the piece on the right. I have to say, that this is one of my favorite paintings I've done. After I was done painting it, I thought, "why the snail?" well...I like animals and little creatures. And I've been told that the girl looks like me. Its interesting, because most of my work has a meaning behind it, but I don't quite know what it is until I'm done and I have a chance to really look at it and analyze it. I believe that this painting is a representation of me, staring procrastination (snails=slow/lazy) in the face. which I felt I had been doing for a long time. I hadn't done anything artistic for awhile, and so this is me finally accepting that I was being a lazy bum and I needed to get to work. TA DA! I know...its so deep you can hardly wrap your brain around it.
Post a Comment

Popular Posts