3/6/08

From this to that

This is my daily diddy. (That word is already getting annoying) The one below is a pen sketch I did while I was

bored. And then I thought, "that would make a pretty cool
oil painting." And it became the piece on the right. I have to say, that this is one of my favorite paintings I've done. After I was done painting it, I thought, "why the snail?" well...I like animals and little creatures. And I've been told that the girl looks like me. Its interesting, because most of my work has a meaning behind it, but I don't quite know what it is until I'm done and I have a chance to really look at it and analyze it. I believe that this painting is a representation of me, staring procrastination (snails=slow/lazy) in the face. which I felt I had been doing for a long time. I hadn't done anything artistic for awhile, and so this is me finally accepting that I was being a lazy bum and I needed to get to work. TA DA! I know...its so deep you can hardly wrap your brain around it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, it totally looks like you! I have to agree on the procrastination bit... if there is one thing I would like to change about my life, it would be my addiction to procrastination. Ugh. You know what's scary is when you look back on the years... I gotta stop now before I get depressed!
Sometimes artistic things can't be forced though. Take your time.
Have you read the Artist's Way? It's all about nurturing our artist. One of the most life-altering things I've ever read in a book is the concept of the morning pages - basically the exercise is to write three pages of stream of consciousness babble first thing in the morning. It clears your mind of the clutter and frees it up for creativity. It 100% works. My best compositions have come within days of starting up my morning pages again. Good luck my dear!

Popular Posts