1/25/13

Some peeps and a house

Does anyone read blogs anymore?
Anywhoodles, here are some of my illustrations lately:

Portraits:





The house my grandma grew up in. 



I am really working hard at getting better and improving my skills. Every time I finish a piece I always see a flaw that I didn't notice before. (Example...notice the portrait of the dude..his eyes are a little wonky). I am learning to not be so hard on myself, realizing that noticing the flaws in my work will only teach me valuable lessons and encourage me to work harder. During the drawing process I've found it's imperative to step away from my work for awhile and take a break, and when I go back to work I can see it with fresh eyes and notice flaws I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Also, looking at it upside down and sideways helps. 

I start a life drawing class aka "draw naked people"class on Tuesday. I'm really excited to get out of the house and into a studio. 3 hours of just drawing, no interruptions. WOO!

P.S. If you are interested in a drawing, 8X10's are $60. Email me thecheekywhale@gmail.com

1 comment:

VuGurus said...

Very Nice Blog.....

Popular Posts