11/19/12

Tell me what to draw

The last few weeks I've been playing a little game on my facebook status update where I ask for suggestions on what to draw. I give people about 30 minutes to make a suggestion and then  I use random.org to pick which number comment I'll use. It's been really fun and I welcome the practice!
The first one was "skeleton key".  I drew a specific skeleton key from one of my favorite movies, "Return to Oz".

The second one was by my friends son, who suggested "titty bus" which is "city bus" in toddler talk. We thought it would be funny to actually draw a titty bus. I ended up drawing two versions.




The third was "Augustus Gloop enjoys his last Twinkie"


And the fourth one was a portrait. I am really trying to get back to the basics. It's been YEARS since I've done any realistic portraits, so I'm super rusty. For this one I drew my friend Becca. 



This little game has been super fun, and has forced me to follow through with drawing things that are out of my comfort zone. It's also forced me to pinpoint my weaknesses and areas I need to work on, which I've got a lot of. It's a hard pill to swallow, but I'm dedicated to becoming freaking amazeballs, so it's important for me to see the flaws in my work and go from there to improve. 



1 comment:

Urducell said...

Very Nice Blog, Nice Drawing Pics....

Popular Posts