11/20/10

Appalling

The more I read and the more documentaries I watch, the more disgusted, appalled and ashamed I am of factory farming. I have only eaten dairy/meat products a couple of times in the last month, and after seeing this video, I just can't do it anymore.

Not only are the animals treated horribly, but the facilities are unsanitary and I don't want to put anything in my body that is pumped with hormones, soaked in feces, etc.
It is not my job to convert anyone to any of my beliefs, but I encourage everyone to educate themselves on this subject. I think it is easy to assume that the animals are well taken care of, the products clean and disease free, etc, but it's unfortunately not true.
Some good books on the subject : "Eating Animals", "Skinny Bitch"
Documentary: "Food Inc."
It will make you sick to read the information that is found at these places. I'm so grossed out and so sad for the animals :( boooo!

No comments:

Popular Posts