5/14/10

Paramore. More please.

Last year we went to the No Doubt concert here in Phoenix, and Paramore was opening for them. I had heard of them, but didn't really pay much attention. Well, that night, I paid attention. A LOT. The lead singer had the most powerful, flawless voice I had ever heard and as soon as we got home I spent about an hour online looking at their website and listening to their songs. I have been listening non stop every since.
Pretty much any female that can rock it onstage I am in awe of. Especially girls who are anything BUT Britney Spears.
A couple of months ago I saw that they were going on tour for their new album, Brand New Eyes. They weren't coming to Arizona, but they were going to Utah. I figured it would be a good excuse to go see my family as well.
The concert was this past Monday, and what can I say. It was amazing. I got up to the very front (okay, there was one person in front of me) and I was just mesmerized the entire time.
But like every concert I've been to, I come away feeling so inspired and exhilarated from the music in the way that music has always affected me, but yet depressed. I get depressed because,well, its not me up there. I've always wanted to be in a band. I've always wanted to sing and share that with other people. So...I go through a phase of wishing for what isn't for about 2-3 days and then decide to start singing more, even if its just in the shower.
And I wonder. Can I still make that dream come true?

2 comments:

mariana said...

i wanted to comment on your post because a. you deserve better comments than stupid spam and b. because i think you should do it! if every concert leaves you with bunches of what if's you should give it a shot! :)

Jonesy said...

my obsession with hayley willams' voice is borderline obsessive. it is just SO strong and clear. its amazing. and she's so tiny! lol

i know what you mean with the feeling of depression at seeing someone else live your dream while you are waiting to figure out if you can do it. i feel it every now an then (i went to a performing arts school and will often see classmates of mine in movies or in record stores) its a little bit different though because while still in high school, i realized that i didn't want to sing professionally. but still every now and then i'll see someone i knew and will catch myself thinking..."i wonder....."

but i agree with mariana 100%. you owe it to yourself to see if you can do it! you gotta be the first person to believe in you, yknow? ;)

Popular Posts