12/13/09

Stage fright?

My family has requested I post this video of me singing at our ward Christmas party. I sang the same song in sacrament meeting the next day, and golly gee I was nervous.

I hate stage fright. It is something I do not understand. What is it about crowds that make people so nervous? After all, we're all human beings who make mistakes and get the jitters. You'd think that common ground would make you feel more at ease while in front of your fellow species who have all experience stage fright to some degree. But no.
And you know what? I get stage fright in front of my own family. It doesn't even have to be a crowd.
According to Wikipedia, the symptoms of stage fright are as follows:
fluttering or pounding heart, tremor in the hands and legs, diarrhea, facial nerve tics, dry mouth.
Check, check, (no diarrhea, but thanks for asking), check, aaaaaaand check.
But in the end I really had fun and I love singing. As long as I let go of the evil perfectionist that lives inside of me, I can enjoy it.

So family/friends, without further ado, I present me in my bathrobe, singing "Marys Lullaby".

(you can tell when mae takes over the camera)

5 comments:

aubrey said...

Liss it brought me to tears. You have such a sweet voice. You sound just like Mom!

aubrey said...

P.S. You looks gorgeous in that robe! Nice look for you!

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

Melissa you are amazing!! You got me all choked up too :) I get the stage frights too and they are annoying! But you sang beautifully. I wish I could have been there!

Rene'e said...

You did awesome! BOTH times :)
ps. loved Eric's shiney bald head! Ha

tanya said...

3 letters WOW! I also had some tears...

Popular Posts