11/29/09

GARSH!

We just got back from Disneyland and MAN! I have one bad case of the grouchies. I really need to take my grumpy pants off. I don't know if its getting back from such a fun trip and having all of my responsibilities smack me in the face, or if my recent prozac free diet is giving me a swift kick in the pants, but I don't even want to be around me. Instead of drawing runaway facial hair maybe I should start drawing me, running away screaming from myself. (did you get that?)
It's time to buck up and get myself back into the game. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and "keep moving forward", as Walt Disney advises. (If Walt told me the secret to happiness was growing out my armpit hair and braiding it, I would do it. You Rock Waltster!)

So I'm starting this up tomorrow. I really need it. I have been slacking so much and I can feel it in my waistline and more importantly, my overall psyche.
Going to focus more on this (isn't it crazy that sometimes the things that make us the happiest are the things we are the laziest about?)
And keep drawing, even if no one else notices. After all, when it comes down to it, I do art for me, not to gain attention from others. Although, it would be nice to have some "fans" or maybe a customer or two....
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get that way this time of year!! I am here for you woman. I got my picture and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!!

Erin said...

love you liss!!!! so jealous of your disneyland trip! so fun! we all stayed home with strep this thanksgiving:(. getting adjusted to being off meds is never fun....but exercising & boosting yourself spiritually is the way to beat it. love you:).

Popular Posts