6/24/08

You have entered...the Twilight Zone...

I started "Eclipse" a couple of days ago and finished it tonight. There are some good things about this (maybe I'll actually get some stuff done, become productive again, and get to bed at a good time, instead of reading 24/7) but bad things too: I'm already going through withdrawals. What am I going to do with my LIFE! Whats going to happen next!? Poor Jacob! I mean, I'm glad Bella chose Edward. They're soul mates, HELLO! But poor, poor Jacob. And DAMN you, Stephanie Meyers for writing such good material. Its been a long time since I've read a book where I've grown to care so deeply about the characters. During "New Moon" I was so sad the entire time that Edward wasn't around. I felt like my own heart was broken. So silly! Ah, but so true. I love books like that.
So...does anyone know when the next one is coming out? Tomorrow? Tonight? Five minutes? *sigh*

5 comments:

chel wakley said...

Oh just wait, every book I read after I was so disappointed. Nothing matches to Stephanie Meyers books. Isn't it funny, I felt like they were part of my lives I couldn't stop thinking about all the characters. The last book Breaking Dawn comes out in 37 days 15 hours 58 mins and 12 seconds. And I am not OCD about it either.

Amy J. said...

Ok Melissa...I admit I didn't read this whole post since I have only read the first book and will be reading the next two next week! I didn't want to spoil anything so as soon as I am done I will come back and see what you thought of them!

aubrey said...

I haven't read these books yet, so perhaps I should not be posting a comment, but I would like to say that I rather enjoyed your clever post title, hee heeee!

Unknown said...

From one fan to another...
1. Go to Barnes and Noble and preorder Breaking Dawn. I was reading the series when Eclipse came out. It sold out in all book stores in minutes. I had to order it on Amazon and wait for 4 whole days!
2. Read the books again before it comes out. You can pace yourself the second, third, fourth (and so on) times you read it.
3. Read the Host. Stephenie Meyers fix... *warning* there is no Edward in The Host, but as long as you aren't expecting him to make a cameo, you shouldn't be disappointed.
4. Watch clips of the movie. Edward is not as good looking on the big screen as he is in my mind, but it should keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay.
5. I know you are staying away from sweets, but worse case scenario- eat chocolate. The body of a woman is affected positively by the sweet goodness and it should help you feel better.

As one TRULY obsessed fan to another- you know I could keep going on tips I have found effective while waiting for almost a year, but I allow you to figure some of it out on your own- after all, it is the only way to grow!

Meg said...

I know just what you mean, I have now read through the books lets just say a couple of times and each time I love the characters more and more! "Breaking Dawn" comes out on August 2nd. You can pre-order it on Amazon for pretty cheap. (I think) Do you really think she will end up with Edward? I really wonder if in the next book Stephenie will throw a twist in there. If she does I am going to bevery upset.

You should try reading her newest book "The Host" it is good. I just don'tthink it is as good as the "Twilight" series.

Popular Posts