6/3/08

Relay for Life

Its been awhile! I have a lot to post, but for now I will just announce that I will be taking part in "Relay for Life" at Butler Park. I will have a booth there with all my schtuff+some of my families goods. Things I'm selling? Well, breast cancer themed stuff (of course) including some fun cards and t-shirts, and also the usual. (handmade journals, albums, etc.) It'll be a plethora of goodness.
I have felt so guilty, the last couple of days. I've stuck Mae in front of the TV in order to keep her busy while I get it all ready. She plays with her toys, reads, and colors, but when she gets sick of that, in goes "Curious George" or "Meet the Robinsons". Oh well. At least I don't do it EVERY DAY! Its only temporary (keep repeating, keep reapeating)
Here is a card I just designed for the "Breast Cancer Sucks!" line I started last year.


I think its important to have a sense of humor when it comes to hard times. It keeps things in perspective for me.

1 comment:

Amy J. said...

I love it! I have often said "Cancer Sucks" I remember when Anderson was getting sick of being poked and prodded he called the nurse that was working on him "stupid." I was shocked that my sweet 4 1/2 year old boy was being so rude but my mom gave him a big hug and said, "Sweety, the nurses aren't stupid but what they have to do to you feels pretty stupid doesn't it." To this day I am so grateful for my mom and how much she was there during that time. She stepped in when I just douldn't do it.

Popular Posts